Blue apatite is a gemstone that is known for its striking blue color and is often used in jewelry, including our beautiful Blue Apatite pendant, necklaces, and bracelets. However, like many other minerals and gemstones, there has been some debate about whether or not blue apatite is dangerous to handle or wear.
In this article, we will explore the potential risks associated with blue apatite and provide information on how to safely handle and care for this gemstone, including cleansing and charging methods to keep its energy vibrant.
We will also discuss the various ways in which blue apatite can be used for healing and self-improvement, including through meditation and crystal grids. Our Blue Apatite stones, towers, and spheres make excellent additions to your meditation practice and crystal grids.
Whether you are already a fan of blue apatite or are just starting to explore its potential benefits, this article will provide you with the information you need to make the most of this beautiful gemstone. So, let's dive in and discover the many wonders of blue apatite.
Is Blue Apatite Dangerous?
Blue apatite is a mineral that is not considered to be dangerous. It is a relatively soft mineral, with a hardness of only 5 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, and it is not toxic. It is sometimes used as a gemstone and is also used in the manufacture of fertilizers. It is not considered to be a hazardous material and there are no known health risks associated with handling or being around blue apatite.
Some varieties of apatite may contain trace amounts of toxic elements, such as lead or arsenic, but these levels are typically too low to pose a significant risk to human health. However, as with any mineral, it is always a good idea to handle it with care and to wash your hands after handling it to prevent any potential irritation from prolonged contact with the skin.
In its raw form, apatite can be sharp, so it is also important to handle it carefully to avoid injury. Additionally, it is worth noting that some apatite stones have been treated with chemicals or dyes to enhance their color or clarity, and these treatments may potentially introduce other substances into the stone. If you are concerned about the safety of a particular piece of apatite, it is a good idea to ask the seller or manufacturer about the specific treatments that were used.
Overall, blue apatite is not considered to be a dangerous mineral, but it is always a good idea to use caution when handling any type of mineral or substance.
How to Use and Handle Blue Apatite Safely?
Blue apatite is generally considered safe to wear as a gemstone or piece of jewelry. It is not toxic or radioactive, and there are no known risks associated with wearing blue apatite. However, it is always a good idea to handle and wear any type of jewelry with care to prevent injury. Some tips for wearing blue apatite safely include:
Check for any defects or damage: Before wearing blue apatite jewelry, be sure to inspect it for any defects or damage that may make it unsafe to wear. If you notice any cracks, chips, or other damage, it is best to avoid wearing the piece until it has been repaired or replaced.
Avoid wearing while performing tasks: Blue apatite is a relatively soft mineral and can be prone to chipping or breaking if it is subjected to rough treatment. To prevent damage, it is best to avoid wearing blue apatite during activities such as heavy lifting or engaging in sports.
Remove before bathing or swimming: It is always a good idea to remove any jewelry before bathing or swimming to avoid exposing it to water and chemicals that may cause damage.
Store it safely: When not wearing your blue apatite jewelry, be sure to store it safely to prevent it from being damaged or lost. A jewelry box or a safe, secure location is a good choice. Be sure to store your blue apatite jewelry in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight and heat. This will help to preserve the piece and prevent any damage.
Keep it clean: Like any other type of jewelry, blue apatite should be kept clean to maintain its appearance and prevent the build-up of dirt or grime. To keep your apatite jewelry looking its best, you can clean blue apatite by gently scrubbing it with a soft, damp cloth and mild soap.
Avoid exposure to harsh chemicals: Apatite is a fairly hard and durable mineral, but it can still be damaged by exposure to harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia. Avoid exposing blue apatite jewelry to these substances.
Protect it from extreme temperatures: Blue apatite is sensitive to temperature changes, so avoid exposing it to extreme heat or cold. This includes keeping it away from hot stovetops, open flames, and other sources of heat, as well as avoiding storing it in extremely cold environments.
Seek medical attention if ingested: If you suspect that you or someone else has ingested a piece of blue apatite jewelry, seek medical attention immediately. While blue apatite is not toxic, it can cause digestive issues if ingested.
By following these simple precautions, you can use and handle blue apatite safely and enjoy it as a beautiful and unique gemstone.
How Do We Use Apatite In Everyday Life?
Here are some practical tips on how you can use blue apatite in rituals, meditation, and at home:
Ritual For Clarity
- Make sure you have a writing utensil, a journal, and a piece of blue apatite nearby.
- Create a sacred space by using a cleansing herb such as Palo santo or sage to smudge the surrounding area. Visualize negative energy leaving your space and replacing it with pure light and love.
- Recite the affirmation: “I let go any unnecessary energetic attachments and all stale, negative thoughts that no longer serve me. I invite positive insights and inspiration from pure love and light.”
- Visualize a golden light surrounding you and clearing your energy field of any distracting thoughts or low vibrational energy. Imagine the light swirling around you like a whirlpool, taking away anything you no longer need. If you notice disturbing thoughts or negative emotions entering your mind, observe them compassionately and then send them into the golden light to transform them into something more positive.
- In your journal, describe the situation in which you’re seeking insight or clarity. This could be in the form of a question, such as “What should I do now about ___?” or “What’s this situation actually about?” Write down everything you want to say about this situation or problem.
- Take a piece of this stone in your non-dominant hand and hold it while you envision golden light emerging from the gemstone until it surrounds your entire body.
- Place the blue apatite over your Third Eye chakra and say, “My mind is clear. I’m open to insight. I’m open to receiving more wisdom and next steps.”
- Hold the blue apatite stone over your Throat chakra and say, “I can convey my thoughts easily. I trust my ideas. I have faith in myself.”
- With your eyes closed, place the piece of Blue Apatite in your lap and take a few deep breaths to help you relax. As you inhale, allow yourself to sink deeper into relaxation.
- Take out your journal and reread what you wrote about your situation. Ask your inner wisdom/higher self: “What can I do now in this situation? May I know something about this?” Breathe in and out. The breath out is important because it gives your mind enough space to stop trying and search for a deeper, more intuitive truth to emerge. The answer can come in the form of a word, a thought, an image, or even a song. Whatever is happening to you, write it down. Ask as many questions as necessary to gain clarity.
- Recognize the blue apatite piece as a symbol of your clear thoughts and your connection to deeper insight. Keep it close in the days and weeks ahead as a reminder that the answers are always within you.
Meditation for Balance:
- While sitting or standing, make sure your feet are firmly planted on the floor. Hold a piece of blue apatite stone in your non-dominant hand.
- Close your eyes and extend both hands out with your palms facing up. The blue apatite should rest in the palm of your non-dominant hand.
- Take a deep breath and imagine the breath bringing positive, calming, peaceful energy through the soles of your feet and circulating through your body. Make sure you have a stable Earth connection as you do this.
- Focus your attention on the blue apatite stone resting in your palm. Set the intention that this gemstone represents a balance in your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental body. Move the blue apatite to your dominant hand and take a break.
- Hold the blue apatite stone up to your Third Eye chakra. Make a conscious connection with the stone. Then lower your hands and the gemstone to your knees.
- With every breath, feel yourself inhaling clarity, balance, and peace. With each breath, align yourself more and more with these qualities.
- Affirm, “I’m safe. I’m secure. I’m clear. I’m in balance.”
It is important to note that blue apatite is generally considered to be a safe mineral. While it is true that some forms of apatite may contain trace amounts of harmful elements, the levels of these impurities are typically low and do not pose a significant risk to human health.
However, it is always important to exercise caution when using any type of mineral or gemstone and to follow proper handling and storage guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others. With that said, blue apatite has many unique and beautiful qualities that make it a popular choice for jewelry and decorative items.
If you are interested in purchasing blue apatite products, we encourage readers to feel confident in purchasing our blue apatite products. Our products are carefully sourced and tested to ensure that they meet the highest standards of quality and safety. So why wait? Add some beautiful blue apatite to your collection today!